Fish ID

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LucasChandler

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1409321847.705247.jpg

I know the blue one is a demasoni, and I believe that's a red zebra at the bottom. I the one in the middle a yellow lab?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Oh I didn't see the last part of the comment, That's what I was thinking too, probably be easier to tell when he's bigger

The yellow one looks like a bumblebee to me. The one you say is demanding actually looks like a female kenyi to me. I have 4 of those. I also have 2 demanding and they are mostly deep black with beautiful bright blue stripes. :) I'd be happy to share pictures if you'd like.

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Not demanding. ..Demasoni. my stupid auto correct. ..

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Aquarium Advice mobile app

The yellow one looks like a hybrid. A true yellow lab won't have stripes like that

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

It really depends on how big these fish are. In the first picture, top to bottom, you have a Kenyi, a hybrid Auratis X, and a red zebra. Second pic, top is an Auratus, bottom is a Johanni.
I'm no expert but those area best guesses. They are definatly not a Demosoni and a Yellow Lab.

Definitely a kenyi. And definitely not a yellow lab. It looks like a hybrid mix of maybe auratus or bumblebee? Hard to tell but looks like a hybrid to me. Which is just fine in my opinion - unique fish :)

Back
Top Bottom