Fish ID

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bubba643

Aquarium Advice Freak
What kind of fish is this guy? Was shopping for plants yesterday and this thing cracked me up. Googley eyes on me at all times out of the water.

Attachments

• IMG_1532.JPG
    IMG_1532.JPG
    33.2 KB · Views: 108
  • IMG_1531.JPG
    IMG_1531.JPG
    97.2 KB · Views: 105
Looks like a freshwater goby with those big eyes and long fins! Whatever it is...it's really cool.

I wish, wish they were freshwater my 180g is right at eye level at the top, would be perfect for endless starring contests lol.

They do look like Mudskipper head that was my first thought but never seen that slender, swimming top side, fish body on one, lol!

Bet that thing can eat serious food.

Up to 12inches, excellent jumper and can eat smaller fish lol. Hmm..lol

Good thing is this store is 2 hours away or else you'd probably see me post a pic of him in my 180 later in the week, lol. My laziness is protecting me from my compulsiveness...

Anableps do better in schools than alone so if there was only one available, it's probably a good thing the store is so far away. ;)

You definitely don't want to keep them in a tank that is filled to the top and you will want to have some form of cover on the tank even if only half filled. They are great jumpers. :eek:

Back
Top Bottom