Fish identification

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

zipperfly58

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hi, can anyone tell me if these fish are Peacocks or Mbuna, they were bought as juvenile Peacocks but I suspect they may be Mbuna. Their fins are an orange rusty color with blueish vertical bars.

ThanksIMG_0016.jpg

Just a guess. The two fish pictured in the middle look a lot like "Hongi". The faded red cichlid
right side, female Dragon Blood. The possible Hongi are Mbuna. The Dragon Blood is a Hybrid Peacock.

Thank, my thoughts as well on the Hongi, the the yellow/orange ones are starburst Peacocks I know for sure thanks for replying.

I think the cichlid on the left is a Zebra, (Mbuna). The Star Burst Peacocks, I think are Hybrids and are in the same groupings as Fire Fish / Dragon Bloods. The coloration just a little lighter.
The Hongi' s were a good pick up. Most mbuna in my area are very inexpensive, except the Red Top Hongi. They go for about $15 a peice.

Thanks, I know the hongi's were a steal, they were very small juveniles when I bought them for 1.00 a piece I have about 8 of them. At the time I didn't know what I had until they started to color up. I just bought a 75 gallon so know I can split up with Peacocks I one tank and Mbuna's in the other 55 I have.

Back
Top Bottom