Flowerhorn for 75 Gallon!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FishBoy185

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Well Since I've been thinking lately of What I should put in my 75 gallon tank that at the moment only has a 6 Inch parrot fish (Yes I know they are hybrids but it doesn't mean we have to treat them like trash) and well I saw a baby red cross flowerhorn at the LFS and im gonna probably get him sometime tommorow. AdVisor says I have 85 percent stocking level and 188 percent filtration capacity with a Flowerhorn and parrot. Now these will be my only fish in the tank considering how big the flowerhorn will get. I was thinking of a type bottom dwelling fish but then I thought better not. Lol. Ill post pics of them tommorow!

Well Since I've been thinking lately of What I should put in my 75 gallon tank that at the moment only has a 6 Inch parrot fish (Yes I know they are hybrids but it doesn't mean we have to treat them like trash) and well I saw a baby red cross flowerhorn at the LFS and im gonna probably get him sometime tommorow. AdVisor says I have 85 percent stocking level and 188 percent filtration capacity with a Flowerhorn and parrot. Now these will be my only fish in the tank considering how big the flowerhorn will get. I was thinking of a type bottom dwelling fish but then I thought better not. Lol. Ill post pics of them tommorow!

Its not the filtration id be worried about. Flowerhorns can become very aggressive and quite large. Most I've run into hit the glass when humans walk by imagine what he will do to a parrot fish once full grown. Proceed with caution!

I had my two small flower horns in with some larger parrots and cichlids and they torn them apart. Apart from what most people say I love them. I got them there own tank as they get along for now. Just be careful they are ruthless to everything.

Back
Top Bottom