Fluval Filters. Yay or nay?!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That's correct, fluval and aqua clear are both Hagen products. It seems to me like most aqua clear is being changed to fluval. I have 2 110s, a 70 and a 20 all say "fluval formerly aqua clear"

That's why I usually refer to the Fluval C series as an updated and redesigned AC... Both made by Hagen in which the same reliable impeller assembly is shared between the two lines.. But that's where the similarities end because I have both and IMO, the C series is awesome (while the AC is very good). The C series is like a hybrid between a canister and HOB with an innovative wet/dry bio filter compartment.

That's why I usually refer to the Fluval C series as an updated and redesigned AC... Both made by Hagen in which the same reliable impeller assembly is shared between the two lines.. But that's where the similarities end because I have both and IMO, the C series is awesome (while the AC is very good). The C series is like a hybrid between a canister and HOB with an innovative wet/dry bio filter compartment.

I've actually never really looked into the C series at all but after looking them up I am pleasantly surprised by that design. I think if I have to buy any HOB in the future I will pick up one of the C series. They seem to be an upgraded version of the classic Aquaclear design.

Back
Top Bottom