Foul odor

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AddictedtoFishNoW

Aquarium Advice Activist
Unfortunately I'm trying to solve the issue of smelling a foul odor from my South American tank.. now maybe this is normal and its a natural thing and usually all tanks do have some smell emitted through the water but carbon isn't doing the trick and all the nitrate and nitrite ammonia and ph levels are all normal what can I do besides water changes and rinsing the filters ? Thanks everyone!!

How foul is foul? The fishy/ lakey smell can be linked you your bio load and was exists in the water column. You can try to clean one or part of your filters which will allow for more water to pass allowing better filtration. I never notice that smell though because its generally very slight unless you have no air circulation around your aquarium. Do you feed high protein foods? Only time I smell something that disturbing is when a chunk of my frozen meat mixture gets caught behind a filter or next to a cave or something. Hope this helps

Back
Top Bottom