Friends got bad advice from walmart

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

j_randall1702

Aquarium Advice Regular
Well I adopted another oscar from someone out of a 20 gallon. This was in the tank with 2 swordtails, 2 black mollies and a pleco. The swordtails and block mollies, were eaten. The owner was just gonna throw the osacr away, until I agreed to take it of there hands. These 2 friends of mine, got a bonus check from work, and decided to go and get an old 20 gal tank out of there basement. They went and bought all the assecories, and all the fish listed above. They dont know nothing about fish, so they figured the people at wal-mart did, the associate at walmart told them that the fish would do well together..... Well the next morning I get a call, and they tell me what they did. They where so mad. So instead of having a dead oscar I agreed to take this one of there hands. So now my tanks are over stocked. I am gonna keep all the oscars total 2 now. But it will be a couple more weeks till my 200 gal will be done, my uncle is making it for me in his spare time. I was wanting to turn my 75 into a discus tank, so how do I get rid of a Jack dempsey and a convict. They will both get to big for my only other aviable tank which is my 29gal qurantine tank. The only LFS I got is Petsmart and walmart both stated that they wont take fish. Not that I would give my fish to walmart anyway.

yeah your friends definetly dont know what they are doing, i think you should sit them down and have a nice looooooong talk....lol....i agree with greenmagi there are plenty of people that will buy them off of you, or look for aquariusts around your area and i'm sure they will buy too...good luck! :D

Well my convict just ended up in a 40 gallon tank with a firthmouth and a pleco. All I had to do was call my Dad he is on his way now. The Jack Dempsey is about 3 in and has awesome colors. Very nonaggressive for a Jack. I could put him up there but I dont know how to ship them.

QT the fish for a day and dont feed it, for the day before you ship it.. to keep down on pollution. Methane blue has been used to treat them for shipping, from what I remember. O2 in the bags and double bag them.. styrophome(sp no clue?) cooler.. USPS will ship them... there are online resources.. if you google it..
new thread on shipping fish.. its good..
http://www.aquariumadvice.com/viewtopic.php?t=52733

I don't think I have ever been to a walmart that didn't have a sign on at least of their tanks that said in hand writing, "Not For Sale, Fish in This Tank are Sick" 8O Hmmmm...

HAHA Andos99 I think we might just shop at the same wal-mart I do.

DO NOT SALE... FISH IN TANK ARE SICK.

Thanks
Management

Yeah, well, obviously you guys haven't been to the wal-mart here in my town. Heck no they don't give you any kind of warning. I could go in there today, pick a fish in the most disgusting, disease-ridden tank they have, and they would GLADLY sell it to me.

I'd decided to steal a male betta from wal-mart a couple weeks ago. He was really torn up, some dumb$#* had stuck two male bettas in a tank together. I've seen how many fish they leave dead in their tanks for days on end, I wasn't suffering any guilty conscience for planning to steal it, THEY should feel guilty for the way they keep their tanks! However, when I went back to get him, either he'd died or someone else had bought him.

Back
Top Bottom