Friends willing to give filter/media

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Convict2161

Aquarium Advice Addict
Ok so my friend has had this Cichlid tank for years. I just tested his water for him. Is it safe to take his filter? It looks like its been there for 10 years. He's had the filter in for he said no more then 6-7 months now. He only rinses it in tank water. Here's the water test results. Took a pic I'm back and forth so this was easier.

View attachment 59515

Ok got home so here it is.

pH 7.2

Nitrate 20 ppm

Nitrite 0 ppm

Ammonia 0.25

Again this is my friends tank. We have the same filter/ bio wheels. He will give me whatever I want. Just not sure because the test results.

UPDATE:

Here's a pic of the tank and the last water change was about a month ago and that's when he rinsed the filters. Never touched the bio wheels. So what do you think? Ok to take filter/media and or 1 bio wheel.

Please some advice... He's willing to drop off tomorrow on his way to work. Just wanna make sure the condition of his tank is ok and won't hurt mine.

I gave all specifics. Anybody?

His ammonia, nitrite, nitrate and pH don't matter. What matters is if his tank has any diseases you don't want to add to your tank and if you trust the guy when he says no.

His ammonia, nitrite, nitrate and pH don't matter. What matters is if his tank has any diseases you don't want to add to your tank and if you trust the guy when he says no.

X2 as long as the tank is clean and disease free you're good to go.

Trust him, has had tanks for years, before I was born. Fish are healthy and free of any disease. Has had the fish in his Cichlid tank now over I think 7-8 years. I'm gonna have him give whatever he can. And then we'll see what my tank does. I'll be posting in my original thread on my fish in cycle.

Thanks guys.

Convict2161 said:
Trust him, has had tanks for years, before I was born. Fish are healthy and free of any disease. Has had the fish in his Cichlid tank now over I think 7-8 years. I'm gonna have him give whatever he can. And then we'll see what my tank does. I'll be posting in my original thread on my fish in cycle.

Thanks guys.

Sounds good. You'll have a cycled tank before you know it! (y)

Thanks guys. So I can just add his filter to my system then? It's the same filter system. I'm running 3 filters right now with the dual bio wheels. So I figured just drop his filter into the fourth slot. He's gonna see if he has replacements for others and give me 2 filters. Is that over kill? Is one enough?

Back
Top Bottom