Frontosa

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MABJ

Aquarium Advice Addict
I saw this beautiful cichlid in my pet store the other day. They all had to be jouvies though. What aquarium should they be kept in?

Wow.. I wish my pet store knew that.... They sell them to people who won't have anything close to that much room :(

They either don't care or not educated enough which I hate to say is fairly common for most LFS, since they are a business in it to make money.

They are also very slow grower's, so that 12" will take along time. Some people do keep them in smaller tanks to grow out but a 75g would be bare bones minimum for a small colony.

Gotta hate that :( poor fish. It's like walmart selling me a puffer fish :(

The truth be told is that we are ultimately responsable for out purchases. It's nice to find a good local shop but it's still our purchase. I hate to say it as well but with the Internet and smartphones there really isn't any reason for this anymore in my opinion. Back when I first started twenty years ago I made every mistake imaginable but now there's no reason for it. I don't know how many times I've stood in a pet store with my iPhone researching fish. Good you asked the question.

Yeah. My puffer was the first and last mistake like that. I have a droid and I research everything now.

That's a beautiful thing! They really care for their fish!

Back
Top Bottom