Frontosa

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mcg tanks

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Would you be able to keep 3-4 Frontosa cichlidsin a 200 litre 4 foot tank for 12 months before moving to a 6x2x2

IMO it's not wise to buy Fish with the potential to get large until you have the tank. A 4ft would work as a grow out, how long would depend on how fast they grow. But like I said I would work on at least obtaining the tank before buying the fish.

Would you be able to keep 3-4 Frontosa cichlidsin a 200 litre 4 foot tank for 12 months before moving to a 6x2x2

Depends on how big they are. I bought 12 of them and put them in a 55g....but they were only an inch long. They grew MUCH quicker than I anticipated!!! Just know that YOU WILL need a larger tank and probably sooner than you think. ;)

Yes that would work. you may want to up your group though they prefer larger groups and will be more active in a larger group I would say at least 6 but you will need that bigger tank in no more than 12 months.

Back
Top Bottom