Frontosa Fry

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ncoon88

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Setting up a newly cycled tank. I bought a Red Frontosa from loca fish store that is approximately 3inches long. Also purchased 5 Frontosa fry that are 1-1/4 inches. I don't think they can fit in his mouth but wanted to be sure first. Currently I have them in a breeding net in the tank but am worried if they stay in there to long that will stunt growth. I have plenty of hiding spots in the tank and caves set up so they can fit but 3inch can't. Should they be fine or should I set up a separate tank for a couple of months?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Id do a separate tank. Just to be on the safe side

Sent from my LGLS991 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Setting up a newly cycled tank. I bought a Red Frontosa from loca fish store that is approximately 3inches long. Also purchased 5 Frontosa fry that are 1-1/4 inches. I don't think they can fit in his mouth but wanted to be sure first. Currently I have them in a breeding net in the tank but am worried if they stay in there to long that will stunt growth. I have plenty of hiding spots in the tank and caves set up so they can fit but 3inch can't. Should they be fine or should I set up a separate tank for a couple of months?

To answer the question: seperate is probably better.

Side-note: the "Red Fronts" arent really a great fish IMO. They may or may not be hybrids, but that not what i care about, because they probably arent. The most likely explanation is that they are a strain of northern Fronts that are bathed in acidic stuff (not sure of the chemicals name) so that they have the red color.

I like the colors of them, but if they are created by acid bathing, i wouldn't support them...

Sent from my iPod touch using Aquarium Advice

Good to know.

Back
Top Bottom