Frontosa not eating nls pellets

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RedDevil83

Aquarium Advice FINatic
But blood worms they go crazy for... Are they getting the proper nutrition from just blood worms and brine?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I know very little about african cichlids but i *think* they need to have veggie matter in there diet and not a lot of protein? I could be wrong though....

Sent from my iPod touch using Aquarium Advice

I put algae wafers in there for the pleco but don't seem to go for that also

I know very little about african cichlids but i *think* they need to have veggie matter in there diet and not a lot of protein? I could be wrong though....

Sent from my iPod touch using Aquarium Advice

I do believe that's true for a majority of them however I do know that fronts are predators...

May be of help to you. Medium size pellets that he may go for. The jd, that resides in a brothers tank, has outgrown the nls, pellets, so we give her massivore, may consider telling the brother to get these.

Sent from my SM-T230NU using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Attachments

• 1437688350159.jpg
    1437688350159.jpg
    116.8 KB · Views: 86
I guess meaty pellets? Or just throw a steak in there.....?

I would stick with NLS. don't feed them for 2 or 3 days then try again. If no go then wait a day and try again. My lyonsi took a week and a half to start eating it. Then he would eat it all the time.

Sent from my SM-G386T using Aquarium Advice mobile app

May be of help to you. Medium size pellets that he may go for. The jd, that resides in a brothers tank, has outgrown the nls, pellets, so we give her massivore, may consider telling the brother to get these.

Sent from my SM-T230NU using Aquarium Advice mobile app

As he said^^ I feed my JD massivore pellets because she lost interest in the tiny NLS pellets. She gobbles up Massivore pellets like candy though.

Caleb

I would stick with NLS. don't feed them for 2 or 3 days then try again. If no go then wait a day and try again. My lyonsi took a week and a half to start eating it. Then he would eat it all the time.

Sent from my SM-G386T using Aquarium Advice mobile app

This exact advise helped me in my transition.

I here from a lot on here that new life spectrum is really good for them. I use that but these frontosa are picky as hell.

Back
Top Bottom