Fry feeding?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Stumpyjr

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Have some new 3 day old fry. Bought some Hikari first bites, (like baby powder). My question is ....how often should I be feeding these cute little buggers? They seem to luv the stuff !

Congrats on your new fry! What type of fish? I used the same food for my first few batches of guppy fry. I usually fed them 4-6 times a day in SMALL servings. on the bag, I believe it just says several times per day. I looked up how often fry should be fed and found out that because their stomachs are so small, they should be fed 8 times per day. Unfortunately, being a student, that wasnt possible for me. Luckily, I didn't starve the poor things to death! Haha anyway, congratulations again, and good luck with the little buggers ;)

Fry Feeding

Congrats on your new fry! What type of fish? I used the same food for my first few batches of guppy fry. I usually fed them 4-6 times a day in SMALL servings. on the bag, I believe it just says several times per day. I looked up how often fry should be fed and found out that because their stomachs are so small, they should be fed 8 times per day. Unfortunately, being a student, that wasnt possible for me. Luckily, I didn't starve the poor things to death! Haha anyway, congratulations again, and good luck with the little buggers ;)

They are little Kenyi's......cute little suckers! Thanks for the advice....:fish2:

first bites are ok. I feed my mbuna fry small servings 3 times a day. I mix up their food..crushed up veggie flake, decapsulated brine shrimp eggs, and golden pearls. If you really wanna see them go nuts for their food hatch some live baby brine shrimp

Back
Top Bottom