Fry help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Amorgan32

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I just wanted to get some opinions on practical decisions I could make as far as what to do with my convict fry...from what I gather they are worthless as far selling to stores and what not, I'm looking at prob about thirty to fourty 1/4" fry in my tank as of now I'm gonna wait til they get bigger before I make a decision just thought I'd get some thoughts from everyone.

You can put them for sale/for free on craigslist. Have you tried calling local stores just to see? Most may not buy them but they may keep them on consignment or take them as a donation.

You could euthanize them or find someone to use them as feeders.

So inquiring at places like petsmart and petco sounds like a decent idea and I wouldnt mind giving them away as long as I knew they would be used

You'd have better luck at locally owned pet stores rather than the big chains. I don't think they take in fish. Craigslist is definitely good and you may meet some locals that are also fishkeepers which is always cool

Ok that sounds good thanks for the advice.... If I found a store to agree to buy them what's a fair price per fish for both the store and I.

That is a good plan. I am just going to add that many chain stores do take in fish adoptions. PetCo and PetSmart take in fish adoptions. You would have to call and ask about the numbers, I am just saying its an option. My PetCo takes in fry of some species and sells them.

Back
Top Bottom