Fry ID!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

smithpants94

Aquarium Advice Freak
These little guys came out of my kenyi butttttttttt that was the only kenyi in my tank....

What can breed with a kenyi? Any one know the father?

image-3162245297.jpg

image-1290702961.jpg

Here's the fish they were stripped from

image-1605521289.jpg

Most if not all mouthbrooders will interbreed with one another so the culprit could be tricky to find lol.What other fish do you have in with her?

These little guys came out of my kenyi butttttttttt that was the only kenyi in my tank....

What can breed with a kenyi? Any one know the father?

Here's the fish they were stripped from

How long ago did you get the Kenyi she might have already been carrying?

@ garfy: yellow labs, red zebras, a bumblebee, and 2 mystery fish...

Here's one:

image-618865691.jpg

image-1362673486.jpg

And here's this one(kinda a shotty pic)

image-2523420202.jpg

@ Fishguy: I've had it for about 3 months and I was positive it wasn't holding when I got it. I always check before they go in the main tank.

@ garfy: yellow labs, red zebras, a bumblebee, and 2 mystery fish...

Here's one:

And here's this one(kinda a shotty pic)

All Mbuna and they will all crossbreed with each other so you have hybrid fry of some sort.As long as your happy to just keep them then I say good luck and I hope they turn out to be real beauties :)

You said that was the fish they were stripped from? Female Kenyis are blue and black stripes. That's the coloration of a male. While females will take on the male coloration it doesn't look like a Kenyi.

You said that was the fish they were stripped from? Female Kenyis are blue and black stripes. That's the coloration of a male. While females will take on the male coloration it doesn't look like a Kenyi.

Everything I thought I knew about fish.... POOF: put the window.

Back
Top Bottom