Fx6 yes or no??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

notenoughtanks

Aquarium Advice Freak
Was watching reading a lot of reviews on this . I'm curious to know if any of you guys are running this or have tried it .. Going to be doing another 150 -160 gal tank . Probably HAPs with some Peacocks ( maybe ) , never really messed with canisters , always did sumps for my larger tanks ..

So yea what's your thoughts ??

Eheim 2260, much better filter IMO. Either way though you'll need two on that 150

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Eheim 2260, much better filter IMO. Either way though you'll need two on that 150

Yea most of vids I seen had 2 canisters for tank that size , but as for canister(s) vs sump you would go canister over sump ?

FX6 rocks! used to be an old school Eheim guy, but after a LOT of research i ended up with the fx6 on my 90G. I went for over filtration in my case, but it should be good for 150. the specs rate it as follows:

Its massive capacity and powerful integrated motor
processes and re-circulates fully 563 US gallons
(2130 liters) of water every hour, enabling you to
precisely manage water conditions for aquariums as
large as 400 US gallons (1500 liters) with a very low
power consumption

I think I read somewhere that these specs may be without media, but that being said it should be good for your 150. I switched out the stock media to BioHome Ultimate and it holds quite a bit as its basically a big bucket ;) but im good with having as much media as I can fit in there tbh. Its pretty quite also.

Good luck with your choice wither way!! (y)

Fluvals flow rates are with out media, Eheim I believe lists theirs with media.

2262/2260 = 900 gph
Fx5/6. = 935 gph

The 2262 will drop slightly when the filter starts to build up organic waste but not noticeably. The FX5/6 however drops down to 600-625 GPH with media which is about 33-35% drop.

Side note however both are great filters, I just feel eheim edges out fluval in most regards.

Hey Mog I have a related question. With canisters can you get the same results with lower gph due to the larger volume of media. example I run 2 ac 70s for 600gph on a 55. would a canister say rated at 383 gph be just as efficient due to longer and greater contact with the bio media?

Hey Mog I have a related question. With canisters can you get the same results with lower gph due to the larger volume of media. example I run 2 ac 70s for 600gph on a 55. would a canister say rated at 383 gph be just as efficient due to longer and greater contact with the bio media?

Those AC 70s with media push about 210 gph each considerably less when the sponges start to gum up. If you have a canister that's rated for 383 you're going to have a GPH drop on that because most list their GPH based solely on the pumps not the filter with media.

However in answer to your question yes a canister even with lower GPH will out preform two AC70s just because there's greater surface area for bacteria. I run either dual fluval 406/Rena XP4s or a canister and an AC 70/110 on my 55.

Those AC 70s with media push about 210 gph each considerably less when the sponges start to gum up. If you have a canister that's rated for 383 you're going to have a GPH drop on that because most list their GPH based solely on the pumps not the filter with media.

However in answer to your question yes a canister even with lower GPH will out preform two AC70s just because there's greater surface area for bacteria. I run either dual fluval 406/Rena XP4s or a canister and an AC 70/110 on my 55.

Thanks as always!

My parts list for filters goes

4 AC70s ( paid 30 each for SALE )

2 AC110s ( paid 55 each for SALE )

I've got 3 sumps variety of sizes lol

And I even still have 2 tetra whisper 10-30i lol

But like I said I want to try a canister out . From what I've read they are less headache than sumps ( more room ) , obviously they don't make your tank look full, and fairly easy to maintain.

Used to have big tanks but I got out of it for a bit , big tanks are gone except for the few sumps I made along the years ..

Back
Top Bottom