GBR

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

gatorjon

Aquarium Advice Activist
Good day, I have close to 50 GBR fry and going to raise them to get big. Any idea where I might be able to sell some? I'm going to go cheaper than LFS. Thanks fpr the input.

gatorjon said:
Good day, I have close to 50 GBR fry and going to raise them to get big. Any idea where I might be able to sell some? I'm going to go cheaper than LFS. Thanks fpr the input.

Aquabid, here, other forums, NOT craigslist. That's against CL's rules.

Cool thanks! I'll keep everyone posted when they are big enough. My LFS sells them for 13 so I was thinking 8.

gatorjon said:
Cool thanks! I'll keep everyone posted when they are big enough. My LFS sells them for 13 so I was thinking 8.

That sounds good :) when they mature, I'd take a pair off your hands :) 8 is definitely a good price. Maybe 12 for an already mated pair?

Hmm their are typically better deals than that on ebay and aquabid. I would look around and decide on a competitive price accordingly.

I sell over 70% of all my fish locally on Craigslist, no shipping cost and no trips to the post office which means higher profit, That's the first place I would post.

I've never seen a fish add flagged on Craigslist. I think they let them slide under the radar. It's dogs that they get upset over. I don't think they want people running puppy mills on their site.

Oh no I have loads of gardneri killifish I need to get rid of and planned on using CL. I had no idea is was against their rules....

siva said:
Oh no I have loads of gardneri killifish I need to get rid of and planned on using CL. I had no idea is was against their rules....

They say you're not supposed to legitimately "sell" animals there. Now you can "rehome", with a "small adoption fee." That's why you never see just fish for sale... Just whole tanks with fish in them.

List the fish by species and it will never be flagged. Just don't put fish for sale in your ad title and you'll get by. I've bought and sold fish on CL and never had a problem. I know lots of guys who use it almost exclusively for selling their stock.

Yeah I have seen fish for sale on there and I know they are quick to pull things that are against the rules so I figured it must be OK. I'll prob just list them as a rehome with an adoption fee..sounds legit to me :)

I had fry for about a week and then they got ate by the parents. She laid more eggs 4 days later? What should I do?

Back
Top Bottom