GBR Sex Challenge

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Apologise for the confusion, let me try and clarify. When I first posted the pictures of my fish 1 and 2 the replies i got were saying there was a female and male. The picture I posted the second time round was of the "female" but now people believe its a feminine male. See my dilemma? This is the dominant one so before when I explained the dominant one was female, that was because I was working of the suggestions from the first post. It would make more sense if it did turn out to be a male and the other GBR was a juvenile male. This is what I believe I have been given hence the unrest in the tank.

Then you misunderstood the replies given. Go back to the thread here: http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/f15/question-about-german-blue-rams-193715-4.html and look at post #33. The top two pictures that you called "fish #1" with the black on the anterior edge of the pelvic fins are of your female. The bottom two pictures are of the fish that you called "fish #2" with the extended dorsal rays are of your male, which I said was a feminine looking male.

You then posted this tread with two pictures of "fish #2", clearly seen from the extended dorsal rays and matching the fishes unique color pattern to that seen in your other thread. This fish is male. I think the confusion here is on your part (no offense meant) as to what we were calling male and what we were calling female.

Back
Top Bottom