GBRs didnt breed?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jarred Darque

Aquarium Advice FINatic
ok, mine have b een breeding every two weeks for the last two months during the water change (every other sunday water change) I had to hold the water change off for a day cause I was out of town. I didnt get any eggs. the only other things I can think of that may have been diff that effected them not gettin busy was that I didnt place the filters from my 29 gallon into their tank. (I do this and let them clean off all teh snails they can eat) and the tank has alot more green algae...and growing than ever before

any ideas? thanks. I hcanged the same amount of water as always, water temp is the same

When you say they've been breeding for the last two months on a regular schedule, have you seen eggs on each occassion? If yes, it's possible that they are getting into a more normal rhythym. The outside issues of eating snails or having algae doesn't deter breeding, ph and water temp does.

My GBR's were on a 9 day schedule. They missed it this time (Monday). I think it may have had something to do with me being out of town and them not eating for 6 days. That may have thrown them off their routine. I'll feed some frozen brine every other day until I can get them back into the groove. Jchillin may have the answer with them getting into a more natural groove. Every 9 days is definitely not the norm...

I didnt think about me being out of town and them not being fed for 3 days that may well be the problem

Back
Top Bottom