GBRs: To soften or not to soften

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
What did you do about a heater between mailing back the old and recieving the new?
I wasn't actually using them at the time. I had gotten rid of my breeding setup and my display tanks were using inline heaters.

So I'll have to buy a new heater anyway. That, or move the shelldweller heater over(dont have any yet), but that one can't be set, it always heats to 25.5

Here's a different question: Will rams still pair when they're older? I had an F1 pair that was very young and spawned a few times. I'm positive I got two of each gender but are they less likely to pair now?

Yep, just find out what they were raised / kept in at the shop and match it a close as possible.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Kh is carbonate hardness. That is how well buffered the water is to protect from ph drops. It has nothing to do with hardness unless the main source of carbonates are calcium. Then you would expect gh to go hand in hand with kh but this is not always true.

Gh is usually what is referred to when describing hardness. At 57ppm you are only slightly hard according to water hardness charts.

I went down to London on a training course and made a cup of tea using the training rooms kettle. I opened it up and to my horror the element had a think lime fur on it. Made me realise how much harder water is in the south compared with the north.

As for the rams, I wouldn't worry too much.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom