general update

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mumrah

Aquarium Advice Freak
So it's been a while..

After my last post in the Blue Ram discussion, i had two more spawns (neither resulting in fry) before my male kicked the bucket. After he died, i transfered my other male who was in the 55g community. He did well, colors came out activity increased - he and the female even started the "courtship" phase of breeding. However, he got sick and died very quickly. A day after i noticed he was looking a bit off, i found him on the bottom curved spine and all. :(

Then that 10g started leaking. Great. So i transfer my female into the 55g where she did not last a week. Poor thing.

So i'm done with Blue Rams until i can afford to set up a really nice ~30 biotope.

Also since my last post, i've sucessfully raised 4 baby glofish. One is free swimming with the rest of the community, and the other 3 are still in the net breeder until they're too big to be eaten. I had two sucessful spawns with my glofish, the first resulting in a sole fry (who is in the main tank), and the second resulted in about 15 fry, of which 3 survived. I will probably continue to breed them until i have a nice big school in the 55g - say 10 or so.

That's all for now
-David

Sorry about your losses and congratulations on your new fry. We take the good with the bad in this hobby. Fortunately the good usually outweighs the bad.

found some good pics of my rams.
in memoriam
dscn0812.jpg

dscn0814.jpg

dscn0822.jpg

Really sorry to hear about your unfortunate losses. As Zagz mentioned, we take what we can get from this hobby. Really happy to hear that you haven't given up and if you need anything, you know where to come.

Back
Top Bottom