Geophagus

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

darkmatter_3500

Aquarium Advice Freak
I am getting my 2 new tanks next month and it will free up my 150 gallon tank. I have been debating on what to do with it and I have decided to go with Geophagus, im not sure on which ones , there are so many out there, I would like to try 2 breeding pairs of different types but not sure if it would work. I might just try and get a breeding pair and move 2 of my severum in there with them , my severum are really laid back.
Has anyone gad any experience with Geos?

Yeah im not going to have plants just sand and driftwood, im getting alot of info on a other forum, there are so many cool types of geos.

I've never kept them before but my LFS carries them all the time, about 3 or 4 different kinds. They are only about an inch or two long and dull and grey colored. Judging from the pictures online, they color up awesome!! Red headed tapajos are one of the kinds they carry, very nice looking fish, I wish I had room for them!

They seem to be difficult fish to keep, they are very sensitive to bad water or changes in values. From what I can tell they prefer PH of 4 but I think neutral PH will be fine. Im hoping a 150 gal with just a few fish will make it easy to keep the water just right for them.

Back
Top Bottom