german blue ram help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

orlly16

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
So I have a pair of gbr's ..ik they are soft water and low ph around 6. My water is quite hard and the ph is at 8. What are the odds of them breeding, they show no signs of stress , they colorful and eating

Breeding, probably not, but stranger things can happen. As for long lived/healthy, since all are pretty much tank raised, as long as the PH stays stable, they'll do just fine.

I ordered a large piece of malaysian driftwood, I heard this will lower the ph and soften the water...will this help? Im really looking into breeding them.

You can also get a packet of Indian Almond Leaves or Alder Cones. I use IALs in my Shrimp tanks.

Tank raised fish are less picky on exact PH, but look for long term fixes if you are going to mess with water params. Bouncing the PH or hardness around is worse than consistency.

bshenanagins your inbox is full. You need to empty it so I can PM you back.

Sorry OP!

My tap water comes out of the drain neautral...in between soft ard hard...but why in my aquarium its at 300?

You must have something in the tank that release have metals into the water. What kind of substrate and rocks do you have in the tank?

I have pool filter sand, slate stone, driftwood, a fake piece of driftwood drom petsmart. I also have water wisteria, annubias, and amazon sword plants

No I never tested it...I got the slate stone from craigslist from a guy who was breaking down hisnfish tank. He also gave me rocks and both of the rocks in stone are currently in my tank

Back
Top Bottom