German blue ram pair with krib pair?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

misterpenguin4

Aquarium Advice FINatic
This is urgent because im leaving for the LFS which I dont go to often because it is an hour+ away. Could I keep a pair of kribs with a pair of german blue rams in a 36 gallon tank? I also have a pictus catfish in there. Also could/should I add anything else? If so what?

image-2605188406.jpg

This is the tank.

If it is just the rams and the cat you could get a whole bunch of different cichlids. Angel, festivum, keyhole, blue acara, other rams, apistos. Are you interested in ONLY cichlids?

Well if you look at my other thread "feeling defeated" you will see I have/had cichlids in there and they got too aggressive so I am looking for some nice colorful fish that would breed and I love the looks of the kribs.

I have kribs and I can tell you they do get aggressive. I have been advised not to put them with rams, here and from our lfs. Could you do a tank of DWARF cichlids? I do know you had problems with the bigger ones. IF your tank allows, that may be an option. I don't know much about them at all, though...

I have 5 rams with a krib pair. I have had them spawn and everyone is fine. They can get mean but mine have never been super aggressive. I will say its possible but it depends on the individual fish (as one may play nice another may not) and if you have enough sight breaks and hiding places. I also keep curviceps in the tank and everyone is healthy and happy

I have 5 rams with a krib pair. I have had them spawn and everyone is fine. They can get mean but mine have never been super aggressive. I will say its possible but it depends on the individual fish (as one may play nice another may not) and if you have enough sight breaks and hiding places. I also keep curviceps in the tank and everyone is healthy and happy

What size tank? Mine is a 36 gallon. Also what are other tank mates I could also add if any? I already have a pictus catfish that is going to stay.

Back
Top Bottom