German blue rams

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jbuck

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hey all I am thinking of getting some gbr for my 180 litre tank. At the moment I have 10 guppys 2 angels and 4 Pakistani (yoyo) loaches. The only other fish I am thinking of getting other than the gbr is either a school of cardinal or rummy nose tetras. I just wondered how many gbr would be an ideal number

You could get a pair which are great to watch and potentially spawn. Or 1 male 2 females but then you have chance of upset in the tank

The bioload from your guppies is huge but if you have your nitrates under control then 2 gbrs are doable. If your definately going with a school of cardinals also then I'd start with just one gbr. This would give your biofilter a chance to catch up and also give you a chance to monitor your readings and maybe adjust your pwc's accordingly.

Thanks guys in all honesty I am looking to rehome the guppys and would not be getting the tetras till they had been rehomed. My final stocking plan.

2 angels, 4/5 yo yo loaches 2 or maybe 4 rams depending on advice and suitability then maybe 10/12 rummy or cardinals. How does that sound?

I was thinking 2 males 2 females with rams if I could do 2 pairs

That sounds alot better. Nothin against guppies but they're dirty little buggers!
You could do 4 gbr in that size tank. You may run into issues if they pair up and spawn but I'm sure thats your goal anyway and they should have enough territory to share. Whats the footprint of the tank?

I was thinking 2 males 2 females with rams if I could do 2 pairs

If you are worried about bio load and Nirates effecting your potential GBR purchase you could look at Bolivian Rams?

I had my heart set on GBR's and then I saw these guys, not as colorful but really animated....I got 4 and they are great. I have a fair amount of stock in my 35 gallon so I wanted more of a hardier Fish.

It's 101 x 41 x 50 cm. yeah hoping to breed. The tank will be heavily planted by that time. They aren't my favourite fish and the only reason I have 10 is because Lfs had buy 5 get 5 free. And who turns down free fish when it's your first tank lol

It's 101 x 41 x 50 cm. yeah hoping to breed. The tank will be heavily planted by that time. They aren't my favourite fish and the only reason I have 10 is because Lfs had buy 5 get 5 free. And who turns down free fish when it's your first tank lol

Can't argue with you there(y)

Back
Top Bottom