German Blue Rams . . .territorial?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Oh yeah, for sure . . . not so much the spots, but the first 3 rays are real short.

I'm just upset . . . I liked those fish, but they terrorized my whole tank. I don't know if I'll even be able to put a compatable pair in there now.

mine are getting along fine I believe, I havent seen them chase anyone just the opposite there the ones being chase.

I dont know they all look the same but just different patterns of spots and colors. one has a black spot the other doesnt.

Thats kinda where I'm at. The LFS is REAL qualified, so I'm just going to take 'em back tomorrow and have a discussion and see what we can figure out. They take care of the tanks at the state zoo, so I've got more faith in them than I do in like, PetSmart. I'll let you know what they tell me.

Remember I'm 3 hours ahead of you . . . lol

nice to have those types of experts, I guess I will be trying to get a digital cam and take picture so someone can tell me what I have lol

Got a NEW 6.2MP digicam coming in on monday, monday, MONDAY! Can't wait . . . will post a bunch of pics monday night, I'm sure. What part of LA are you? I was in Tustin for 6 months when I was in the Marines . . . love to visit . . .hate the traffic.

I'm in downey 2 cities north of long beach and yes the traffic is horrible.

I'll trade ya the weather . . . we got snow and 40mph winds tonight. I remember having Christmas dinner on LaJolla beach out there in shorts and a T-shirt . . .wildest thing I ever did.

But if I say German Blue Ram somewhere in this message, I've stayed on topic . . . lol

(Ok, I WAS a Marine . . .so not the WILDEST . . . but definately memorable!)

lol crazy indeed christmas on the beach lol we grow up with a visual that christmas is related to snow.

When sexing male and female Blue Rams, I've found the attached link very helpful to me when it comes to trying to distinguish between the two.

http://www.aquahobby.com/board/view...start=10&sid=91bcbf34269107d74333c66f45aeb9e2

Hope it's okay to post this here where it orginated on another site, but if it helps people, as it did me, than it's worth posting here.

I believe that you have two of the same sex rams in your tank. I have 2 male blue rams now but had to separate them because one was constantly chasing the other to the point of starving the him, wouldn't let him eat. He was almost dead hiding in the bushes when I removed him and put him in my 10 gallon tank, now he's thriving in that tank.

LindaC said:
When sexing male and female Blue Rams, I've found the attached link very helpful to me when it comes to trying to distinguish between the two.

http://www.aquahobby.com/board/view...start=10&sid=91bcbf34269107d74333c66f45aeb9e2

Hope it's okay to post this here where it orginated on another site, but if it helps people, as it did me, than it's worth posting here.

I believe that you have two of the same sex rams in your tank. I have 2 male blue rams now but had to separate them because one was constantly chasing the other to the point of starving the him, wouldn't let him eat. He was almost dead hiding in the bushes when I removed him and put him in my 10 gallon tank, now he's thriving in that tank.

this did nothting for me I still can't figure out what I have like I said one has spots the other doesnt. and they both look the same to me unless I can get a mag glass to look closer. I really app the time and post though always good the help of others I'm just stupid lol

Ok, the GBR's are back at the LFS. We determined that they were both males and they just weren't going to work out together and they said that it isn't uncommon. They gave me store credit on the fish and I came home with a Kuhlii Loach and some feeder brine shrimp as my apology to the other fish for the GBR incident. They had a ball with the brine . . . most of them never hit the bottom of the tank.

I don't know how they determined they were both males, the whole subject was giving me a headache.

Back
Top Bottom