German blue rams? What do i need to know?!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Goldfish loach boy

Aquarium Advice Addict
I really need all the info I can about GBR's they will be in a 29 gallon with an angelfish, neon tetras, julii Cory's, a dwarf gourami, and a bn pleco and otocinclus, I want to add two females, what do you advise!

They really aren't any different in terms of care compared to any other south American dwarf cichlid, where the difficulty lies is trying to find quality fish to start with. I'd steer clear of the LFS fish which are generally over/inbred due to the demand and look for a quality breeding in your area that has a quality stock being raised in your similar water chemistry. These poor breeding techniques is what causes the sensitivity of these fish in my opinion, unless they're wild caught which is something entirely different. There a lot of quality local breeders all over the country, here is a member in GCCA that sells high quality fish and he will even ship for $16.

Ads - Central & South America - German Blue Rams

The better the initial stock is the higher chances for long term success.

Last edited:
Angels along with them won't be enough room for them in a 29. They are sensitive to things more than bolivians. They need alot of room to swim and like warm water (80-84*).

Back
Top Bottom