German Blues, Angelfish, and ??????

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CiRXSi

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hello everyone. Been off for awhile. And doing some major reconstruction of my tanks since. My signature is not current right now, but it will be soon. Waiting til everything is set. I've got 3 rams, an angelfish, corys, a rainbow shark and a rubberlip in my 29. I want to add something to the tank to fill up the open swimming space, but not sure what will work with the angel and rams. In a perfect world, neons would be my choice. But I'm not sure because of their size. What do you guys think? Neons, or something bigger? It's pretty densely planted, so I don't want anything too big. I'm aware that I'm pushing the envelope as far as "cautionary compatibilty" goes. But everything is going good so far. I'm actually going to try for some cockatoo cichlids in there too. Any words about that one? Glad to be back, and TIA.

I'd be concerned more with pushing the bio-load too far: you've got a fairly high load already. Anymore fish in that 29 may push it over the edge, so to speak, and result in trouble.

Neons and angels usually don't work well: angels eat 'em for dinner in the wild. Some larger cardinal neons would be the way to go if you were to keep the two together.

Back
Top Bottom