German eggs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Angelfish56

Aquarium Advice FINatic
So I came home today and my rams were laying eggs how do I care for the fry when will they hatch

Moved other fish except my pleco and it is there first spawn

I am not an expert, but have been doing some serious research on the subject lately.

From my understanding, you are much more likely to have a successful spawn if there is at least one other not-too-aggressive fish with the parents (I suspect a pleco probably wouldn't count), as they will guard the nest and eggs, especially new spawners, who can be prone to eating their own eggs or destorying the nest by the parents squabbling.

Do you have info on your GH by any chance?

I do hope others who know more can chime in on this!

I would just let them raise the fry. I understand they will lay again in a few weeks if they do desecrecrate their current nest. Supposedly sometimes it takes a new pair a few tries to get it right.

But like I said before, I have only researched this, not actually done it myself, though I am seriously thinking about it.

If you are lucky, they will be good parents from the start.

Keep us posted on how this goes!

I also hope someone with actual hands-on experience can contribute to this post.

Back
Top Bottom