German ram with ultimate angel?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ocdfishguy

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Looking at adding a fish or two to my 70 gallon planted tank and am wondering if anyone has advise/experience with German ram behavior. Are they nippy? Good animated for ultimate angels?

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Yes they tank mates, they come from the same general area so they enjoy the same water parameters.

Do you happen to mean Altum angels?

Ultimate angels sounds way cooler. . Rams are pretty solid if you get some good stock, .. otherwise they'll probably die after a few months and you'll be all tore up over it..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Sorry ultim angels my phone does that auto correct thing oops :)

That's 2 in a row Ultum

I have heard that rams are finicky fish, willing to give them a go i just don't want them to nip at the angels. Thanks!

They don't nip they bop and bop and than lock jaws.. not with an ultimate angel though. . It will probably avoid it all together

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Rams can indeed be finicky but my best results are In a planted tank using ro/di water. I used to have a breeding pair of rams in a tank with 3 scolare angels (normal angels) and they did great together. My rams left them alone unless they were breeding and then just chased them away but no fin nipping.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Aquarium Advice mobile app

You have altums??? I'd love to see pics of those bad boys, they're quite rare.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Yeah, if you don't already have the altums, I will advise you to just go with regular scalare angels. True altums ar quite difficult to care for and extremely sensitive to water condition. Just a heads up

Yeah they are tricky that's why i figured rams would do well with them. They are still babies but are growing fast. So far so good. I keep a heavily planted tank with very clean water. I run peat and aim for acidity of 6. 5
And of course 0 ammonia 0 nitrates.

Back
Top Bottom