Getting Started All Over Again

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kribbman

Aquarium Advice Activist
Well after almost 2 years with my tank, I think the time has come for me to set it up agian. I had a pair of kribs but the female died yesterday, and the male isnt looking his best. Ive tested water parameters and everything is fine so I dont know whats up with them. My plants have overgrown my tank and have a thick black slimy algae grownig on most of the leaves and stems and Snails have taken over the entire tank. They have grown by the thousands and although I tried to get rid of them there just seems to be more every day.

So I was thinking maybe I should just start over. Id start by dismantleing the tank and maybe getting new plants then boiling the substrate and scrubbing the tank, filters and other equipment in there?

Is there any way to salvage it without taking extreme measures? I tried a clown loach for the snails it didnt work. I also used to have a Bristle nose pleco but he died under mysterious circumstances a while back.

Aside from manual removal and the lettuce trick, I have never had much luck with controlling snails. Remove any plants with the algae on them and reduce feedings and use the lettuce trick and you should be able to get things under control.

Back
Top Bottom