Getting the big boys back finally

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

garfy

Aquarium Advice Addict
So having deeply regretted shutting my fish room/house down and playing about with apistos I'm putting in an order for some proper cichlids:
10x Nandopsis Beani 1.5-2"
6x Amphilophous Lyonsi 2-3"
2 X 4-5" Female Festae

Let the fun begin

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Awesome Garfy! Do a photo thread with monthly updates on the Lyonsi for me. I miss mine.

I missed mine too buddy worst thing I ever did was sell mine especially as they went in a mixed tank when I believe they should be species only.They are on the cares list after al.

Just saw a WC lyonsi pair this weekend at a LFS. Awesome fish! I wish I had the room to house such fish. The male was beating the female pretty good since they were in such small quarters.

Just saw a WC lyonsi pair this weekend at a LFS. Awesome fish! I wish I had the room to house such fish. The male was beating the female pretty good since they were in such small quarters.

They can be feisty as you would expect of most in the Amphilophous genre and agreed they are gorgeous looking fish.

Proper cichlids haha! Hey, I haven't even gotten my Apistos(soon) yet and you're telling me they're improper?
Lets see some proper pics.

Proper cichlids haha! Hey, I haven't even gotten my Apistos(soon) yet and you're telling me they're improper?
their not improper. It's just where this hobby takes you. Look at brookster with the acaras. Soon to be dovii.

Haha just my opinion of proper nothing wrong with apistos they just don't do it for me like the bigger centrals and South Americans.

Well if you put your face right up.against the glass apistos look hugeeee!!!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Lol I have a sweet magnifying glass too!
The big boys are looking really nice.

That's great to hear Garfy! I've got 4 lyonsi and have had eggs once but were quickly eaten since the tank is overrun with a group of 8 heterospila.

Time to get them their own tank ��

No time brother. I broke my fish room down last year, it's sad to see 10 40 breeders, 2 75's and 6 20L's sitting empty. One day I'll get ambitious again but for now it's a 72B and a 150g.

No time brother. I broke my fish room down last year, it's sad to see 10 40 breeders, 2 75's and 6 20L's sitting empty. One day I'll get ambitious again but for now it's a 72B and a 150g.

That's a shame would be nice to get fry grow up from them.
I'm thinking about getting a 360g and doing a mixed amph tank or a least a mixed big Cichlid tank.

2-3 times as large. Is there anything I can do? I really like the goldfish, and I'd hate to give them up, but I would like some more fish.

That first photo resembles those flowerhorns, are there any shared genes there? The resemblance is uncanny if not.

Sorry, quoted your first set of pics but the app is glitchy lately.

He's Midas Red Devil X (Midevil) unless you buy from a reputable source (which I didn't) chances are you have a Midevil.He was a nice fish though and please don't use words like Flowerhorn when referring to my fish lmao

Back
Top Bottom