Give me your thoughts. (Now with pics)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

O ALX O

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have a pair of mating rusties, i. sperengerae, that have given me plenty of fry that are a mirror image of the parents. Now they had another 50-55 fry spit that are also just like the parents except about 20 of them have very bright yellow fins and the bodies are much lighter than the rest. Could this be a gene coloring thing that is coming out (good or bad?) Or have I stumbled upon a new color variety? I'm just kind of confused right now. I visualized the mating on each occasion so I know that it could be no other fish.

From what I have read and seen it is not unusual to have offspring that are more yellow. Do you have any pics? A friend had some fry that were more yellow than most of the other fry. As they got older they changed to the more rusty/golden and rusty/lavender colors that is common for them. I don't know if he took any pics of the fry or not, I'll check and see if he did.

Okay this took a little longer than I thought it would but here are some pics:
You can see the very yellow colored ones left and almost center
img_766451_0_8d9cd55bc258836cbfc2ae7f7eef5184.jpg

img_766451_1_cedff4fb955dd31b61186916e30bd4d4.jpg

img_766451_2_c93a14097a8651d7513ac91ecc1ab9a9.jpg

EDIT: Forgot to mention that there is two broods of rusties shown. Both from same parents. Disregard the s. fryri that are the white looking ones in the tank.

Back
Top Bottom