Give me your thoughts on these stockings and give me more ideas :)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cichlidthinker

Aquarium Advice Freak
1st :

Oscar

Ancistrus

2nd :

Green terror male

Jack dempsey male

Ancistrus

3rd :

Green terror male

Convict male

Firemouth male

Pictus

4th :

20 mbunas male ( which stock ?)

Ancistrus

5th : your idea ? I mainly want big cichlids i like few big ones instead of many small ones but give me your idea of that :)

If any of those stock wont work tell me the dimensions of the tank is : 40 inch length 16 inch width and 20 inch height ( NOT a standard 55 )

Sent from my RM-875_eu_euro1_267 using Tapatalk

1st :

Oscar

Ancistrus

2nd :

Green terror male

Jack dempsey male

Ancistrus

3rd :

Green terror male

Convict male

Firemouth male

Pictus

4th :

20 mbunas male ( which stock ?)

Ancistrus

5th : your idea ? I mainly want big cichlids i like few big ones instead of many small ones but give me your idea of that :)

If any of those stock wont work tell me the dimensions of the tank is : 40 inch length 16 inch width and 20 inch height ( NOT a standard 55 )

Sent from my RM-875_eu_euro1_267 using Tapatalk

Sorry to be negative but none of those will work (although i'm not sure about the mbuna as i know nothing about them). I think the tank would be too small for a Male GT or Oscar. The Oscar would probably eat the Ancistrus. You could do the Con, Firemouth and Pictus with a shoal of something.

What a bummer !, ive been told many times that all of these stocking would be alright though , i undestand about the oscar ,but the green terror would be alright in that tank , the green terror is not THAT big , thinking about the 2nd stock ...

Yea 75g bare min for a single oscar to avoid problems but I have 2 75s 1 for an oscar and the other with a mbuna set up.. Personally I love my Africans There is just soo much to watch. ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1401933435.244949.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1401933474.380250.jpg

Rainbow cichlids or fire mouths could work. Convicts would be another option but they breed frequently.

yeah i wouldnt do any of those in that tank. have a look at shell dwellers, you could do some nice shellies in that tank

Im wary of pictus at the moment. I had one, never saw it because it was nocturnal, and it ate my cories. But you have more substantial fish, so you dont have to worry about that. Id dissuade you from the pictus because its nocturnal, so you might not get to see it as often as youd want. Something to bear in mind.

Back
Top Bottom