Goby cichlids!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Blue ram, I stand corrected.. iridescent.. I was never all that great with grammar.. getting Sunday schooled this morning :) they do have quite the personality though! "That's my food neon! Boof!! That's my food Cory!!! Squish!!!"

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Yeah those little natural looking or wild rams are actually a lot better looking than everybody told me. Nobody said I would like them as they weren't as colorful but in a planted tank they look right at home. Great little fish even without all that color.

Yeah those little natural looking or wild rams are actually a lot better looking than everybody told me. Nobody said I would like them as they weren't as colorful but in a planted tank they look right at home. Great little fish even without all that color.

I think so..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Attachments

• 1401143517436.jpg
    1401143517436.jpg
    170.6 KB · Views: 61
They're being fed color-enhancing foods their entire lives. It truly does make a difference. And I believe what this guy says, seeing as he is one of the top pleco breeders in the entire country and has several species many never even see. He also breeds many apisto species, as well as fronts, cyprichromis, several shell dweller species, many livebearers, and even some other catfish species.

You must be talking about Dale

I am! Spent much of the day chatting with him, gave me a couple baby cyclurus cats for free! Gonna miss that store a lot

I am! Spent much of the day chatting with him, gave me a couple baby cyclurus cats for free! Gonna miss that store a lot

Yeah he is a cool guy, he gave my daughter 5 juvie geo tapajos a few years back, I've dealt with him almost exclusively for years now trading fish, especially apistos back and forth so much that I made it into the little elite group that gets a net and container when they walk in the door lol.

Lol Chris usually has me help out, and I'm allowed to bag my own fish and stuff. Plus I'm really good friends with Ben who works there

I would really like to see them get some gobiocichla in, I like the more slender goby cichlids. I missed out on the teleocichlas that Dale had a while back.

I greatly prefer wild rams over the tank strains I'm not really one for in your face color that is always there, then again I spend a lot of time in front of the tanks so I am able to see their colors regularly, I like the more purplish hues that the wild rams tend to have. You should have heard the "You spent how much on minnows?" crap I had to hear when I got my Biotoecus a few years ago, until she say the male in the right lighting.

Back
Top Bottom