Gold Ram Laid Eggs on Substrate

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mikeaq

Aquarium Advice Activist
So she decided to lay the eggs in between both pieces of pot, is there anyway I can safely remove the eggs from the tank? they ate them last time so i dont want leave them with the parents.

If I used a turkey baster would the eggs get ruined? If I just scooped them out would they get ruined?

image-3872672536.jpg

Attachments

• image-2199232298.jpg
    image-2199232298.jpg
    139.8 KB · Views: 58
There's nothing that you can do when they are laid on the substrate. Anything you try most likely will kill the eggs. Best thing to do is to hope they raise the fry themselves. If this is the first spawn don't expect them too. This is very common

Yea it's their first lay that's why I really wanted to separate them from the eggs. the last pair I had ate their first batch and didn't live long enough for round two. ****** quality petco rams... wish there was a local breeder in nj. All the mom & pop shops haven't gotten in rams in months. ?

I have a breeder net and a small air stone to keep in the main tank if this happened. it would've been easy if she laid them on the chipped clay pot lol but I'm not that lucky !

They've both been together hovering over the eggs, he's picking at them now though. They're swimming around together almost like they're dancing with one another.

They've both been together hovering over the eggs, he's picking at them now though. They're swimming around together almost like they're dancing with one another.

They will pick at them this is normal, they might pull through but don't get your hopes to high

Back
Top Bottom