Good angelfish home?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FishyMamma

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have a 29gallon (pictured)that has been cycled for about a year. it is heavily planted with swords and water sprite. currently I have 8 Endlers Livebearers in it.

I would like to turn it into an angelfish species tank. I can get five or six baby angels for a song on Black Friday at my LFS. Is this enough room for them until i get a breeding pair?

I'll rehome the others at that point, leaving just the angels in the tank. I had a breeding pair in a 55 gal. when I first started in the hobby, but they were with a community and I eventually had to rehome them once they began breeding and bullying the other fish. I'd really like to have a pair in a dedicated tank to watch the whole breeding process from the beginning to end.

Thanks for reading this.
Thoughts?

Attachments

• IMG_4444.jpeg
    IMG_4444.jpeg
    33 KB · Views: 76
29g is perfectly suitable for a breeding pair.... Its also fine for growing out juvies to get a pair. The one issue i see is the inability to get away when pairs start forming. So a plan for the remaining fish better be in place ahead of time.

Sent from my LGLS991 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom