Goodbye cichlids

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rabbart

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi Guys,

I have a 250 ltr tank stocked with:

1xpleco
1xfeatherfin
2xbristlenose

2xflameback
2xelectric yellow
1xlombardi (male)
1xcrimson tide
1xalbino peacock
1xrivulatus
1xmono
1xprotomelas(i think)

I have gone away for a few days to come home and find my blue marble peacock and aulonocara dead. One looks it got stuck under coral and the marble peacock without a face and guts. My pH is stable, nitrates around 20-40 a slight reading of ammonia and no nirtrites.

Is it likely these fishing were merely killed in cold blood? Or could there be something sinister going on? The tank is being cycling 6 to 7 times an hour. Regular water changes (every 1 to 2 week depending) and best of all, they are SUPER VIBRANT!

Could it be speciel warfare?

Also as a side note, my drift wood catfish has dissapeared into thin air (water)???
Cheers in advance

Yeah sounds like the same thing that I witnessed with one of my juvenile Africans I lost. He got picked on a little when he first was introduced and then things settled down but without warning I woke up to find him dead and mostly eaten. I would lean cold blood killing, slightly high ammonia might be from the bodies depending on how long they were there before you removed them.

Back
Top Bottom