Got a tough one, male or female?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

squirrilah fish

Aquarium Advice Addict
This guy is tiny, I think it's a male, wanted a second and third opinion.
Ngara flametail

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1398484897.686984.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1398484907.168517.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1398484915.323929.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1398484924.206573.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1398484935.440123.jpg

It is posable but you may need a magnifying glass to know for sure as the gap will be very close being that IST so small.

The pictures aren't great, when I picked it out it had egg spots, and seemed to have a male demeanor. It gets really dark at night, and I can see fluorescents in it's dorsal fin.
I got it for $2, so not going to complain. I may try to vent it when it gets a little bigger.

Ok so I tried to vent it. Way to small to tell, I didn't have a magnifying glass, just tried using the zoom on my phone. I still think it's a male, but I want to be sure, I got this one, (and can get more for $2, but he said he's running out so if I'm going to get another I need to so it sooner than later. Male or Female? Ngara flametail.
http://youtu.be/cog9DaIEJ7I

I'm in the same boat, not sure if my Ngara is a male or female, only time will tell when we can vent them unless they show distinct male coloration.

I'm think I'm just going to get a magnifying glass, I tried to vent him, and best I could tell it was a male, but in just using the zoom on my phone.

I know about that, but females don't usually develop egg spots this late do they. And he has reflections/fluorescents in his dorsal.
I've seen females who have eggs spots who usually lose them at this age, but rarely gain them.

Back
Top Bottom