Got new Cichlids!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Machinist

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Finally started stocking my 75gallon yesterday i got 2- yellow labs, 2- yellow fin acei, and 1 kenyi!! All ready cant wait to add more!!! They look so tiny in the 75g compared to the fish store tanks!!!

What would be some other good cichlid suggestions to add to these later on, im thinking of red zebra's to add some more color.

I would add 5-6 of them and hope you only get 1 male. I'd also up the miners on the yellow lab to 5-6. And maybe a couple afra aswell

Oh jimmy got that hydor heater,it doesn't fit fluval hoses mate ;-( but I have other filters I'm not using,and the hose fits hydor heater & Aquastop valve from fluval ;-) so gonna do a major water change tomorrow,and let you know how it goes in about a week mate ;-)

Ok cool i can def add 5-6 red zebras and will prolly be adding more yellow labs as well, i really like them!!

Machinist said:
Ok cool i can def add 5-6 red zebras and will prolly be adding more yellow labs as well, i really like them!!

The combo of those two colors really stand out. Be ready because the electric yellow breed like crazy. The nice thing about it is you'll still have room to keep some. :)

Went to the LPS with the wife and the kiddo to get several red zebras which only turned out to be 2 because my wife wanted to pick out some fish so of course i let her. We came home with 2 red zebras, 1 auratus and some sort of peacock, it is orange with black splotches all over she just had to have it. So the tank is looking very colorful.

"Pics or it never happened." Hahaha ill got some posted up this evening when i get off work

Howdy!

Nice lookin' tank! As pointed out, you'll need more hidin' spots once the fish start growin' out a bit more. Keep an eye on the auratus and the kenyi. Two of the most agressive mbuna species I've kept over the years, they can get a bit hard on more mellow tankmates. More hidin' places will help with that.

WYite

Thanks for the info Garfy! And yes hiding spots are my next project!!!

Wyomingite said:
Howdy!

Nice lookin' tank! As pointed out, you'll need more hidin' spots once the fish start growin' out a bit more. Keep an eye on the auratus and the kenyi. Two of the most agressive mbuna species I've kept over the years, they can get a bit hard on more mellow tankmates. More hidin' places will help with that.

WYite

Ok i will definitely keep an eye on those two, thanks for info i didn't realize those were so mean!!

Back
Top Bottom