Granite

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cbourg746

Aquarium Advice Addict
I am a huge New Orleans Saints fan and I have a fleur-de-lis that was cut from a piece granite left over from my counter top. Would this be safe to put in my tank?

Granite should be no problem...unless it was treated with anything.

I would treat it as any other stone soak in White Vinegar, boil it and then soak in used tank water.

I did all of that except soaking it in the used water and then added it to the tank. I think it looks awesome! Hope fish likes it!

cbourg746 said:
I did all of that except soaking it in the used water and then added it to the tank. I think it looks awesome! Hope fish likes it!

LOL that is awesome. (insert "bounty" joke here) LOL but definitely awesome.

cbourg746 said:
Lol......I knew a bounty reference was coming!!!! Thanks!!!

Lol I figured it was too easy so I left it alone... I'm a Jets fan so believe me I'm used to the jokes haha. That piece is cool though, very eye catching.

It was cut using a water jet machine. Those things are amazing. They can cut whatever you can imagine or draw up. Check out this piece cut by the same machine.

cbourg746 said:
It was cut using a water jet machine. Those things are amazing. They can cut whatever you can imagine or draw up. Check out this piece cut by the same machine.

Wow that is cool, very impressive.

What do you plan on putting in the tank? What size is it?

It's a 30gal. There is a 4" jack in there now. He's in the cave. He'll be in there for another week or so until his 55gal has cycled. Then that tank will house a smaller (1.5") pair of jacks. They are currently in a 10gal in my sons room and are running out of room I'm sure.

Back
Top Bottom