Green Terror Coloring Issue

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

collinb03

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have two green terrors together in a tank, one male and one female. The female has recently gotten much darker than the male and I don't see a reason why. The male is the dominant one in the tank as well even though he was only introduced a couple days ago. Does she seem stressed or could that be something to do with breeding? ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1437886333.065903.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Because the female is afraid or being submissive to the male. It happened to almost every fish in my tank except the alpha males, even the other flower horn male I had turned dark

Or she's eating that black substrate you have lol jk

Because the female is afraid or being submissive to the male. It happened to almost every fish in my tank except the alpha males, even the other flower horn male I had turned dark

So will the coloring come back or will she always be like that?

Bigger tank helps, or they will eventually get used to each other and color will come back

That is called a "breeding dress" which most female cichlids possess. When the female is ready to spawn she turns black. Looks like you've got yourself a pair.

Or that I guess lol, it's the fish equivalent of blushing.

Back
Top Bottom