Green terror male or female ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
From my experience, it's way too early to tell. The difference you're seeing now is likely from one being dominant over the other

Jesse

View attachment 276587
Look at this picture i just took , you guys wont probably see it but the other terror is always darker in colour and slightly smaller and the brighter one is also more aggresive , any chance i have a male and a female ? Female being the darker one

Ps. why the heck do my picture always appear sideways ?

This just means you have two GT's :) . In my experience one GT will always dominate the other. They may fight it out or one will submit, doesn't determine gender.

uploadfromtaptalk1441985712024.jpguploadfromtaptalk1441985732602.jpguploadfromtaptalk1441985753920.jpguploadfromtaptalk1441985772840.jpg

So i got a new green terror and he is way diffirent from the other ones , maybe a male ? Or just another colour from a diffirent spawn ? The new one is the blue one

Now just wait 18 years for him to grow up big and strong an send him into the real world!

That was a reference to how slow they grow. Which is why I've not ever kept them.

Sent from my bed, the only space available to me that isn't smothered in dirty laundry or aquariums.

Not necessarily. Like humans, some are late bloomers. My smaller one is around 3-3.5" and still confuses me. Based on head shape, I would guess mine is female, and my 4.5" is def male

Jesse

They're not sexually mature until 4"+ so defiantly not breeding behavior. More aggression/territorial thing I would say.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom