Green Terror questions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

prettywolf

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Someone I know has a green terror and wants to get rid of it and they offered to give it to me... What size tank should i get for it? How big will it get? What do I feed it... like what would be the best things to feed it (my friend only feeds it live foods but is that good enough for it or should i also feed it other things and what would those things be)? Are there any special requirements for it? and any other info you think would be best for me to know.

Green terror, Aequidens rivulatus Profile, with care, maintenance requirements and breeding information for your tropical fish
Green Terror, Aequidens rivulatus

Some links that will help you. I wouldn't feed it live food only as it is a inconvenience for me. If he is only feeding it feeder fish then i definatly wouldn't do that do to the fact that the feeders are most of the time pumped with unnatural stuff that can hurt the fish long term. I throw brine shrimp in my tanks every once in a while for the fishes sake. I would try to get it to feed on some sort of cichlid food that is vitamin enriched, but if it has been feed live food its whole life this may be hard to do. The only way to find that out though is ask your friend and then test to see if he will eat the other food.

get a decent sized tank... a 30g would be ok imo... they like red worms, but i feed all of my cichlids standard old cichlid granules and pellets... green terrors like meat, so if you enjoy watching them tear in to feeders, they will enjoy that. Be careful of what you put in with it, they can be very aggressive

55g minimum to house a GT for life

img_1036477_0_828421d53bc9d057b541500d5597ee0d.jpg

Yes, that is true exoden king, if you want to keep a pair a 75g is needed. Exoden, is that your green terror?

who said that?
i keep all kinds of oddballs, and i used to keep ca/sa almost exclusively.
i was breeding guapotes. (mostly jaguars, but dovii and rtm at times)

I am saying i thought you had only exodens at the moment, As in right now.

Back
Top Bottom