Green terror sex?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mikeISright

Aquarium Advice Freak
Is my 5-6 inch GT a male or female?

Attachments

• image-2884240807.jpg
    image-2884240807.jpg
    155.2 KB · Views: 114
  • image-638943408.jpg
    image-638943408.jpg
    143.3 KB · Views: 127
  • image-1464677355.jpg
    image-1464677355.jpg
    149.5 KB · Views: 121
Hello Mike.

I've moved you're thread to our cichlid section. Hopefully you will have better luck getting an answer here.

I'm sure people on here will help you, it's tough to expect a lot of responses in less than two hours...

Its a male. You can tell by the sharp looking anal fin, and the bright facial markings. Also, his orange rim is pretty bright. Good looking fish!

christine2012 said:
Its a male. You can tell by the sharp looking anal fin, and the bright facial markings. Also, his orange rim is pretty bright. Good looking fish!

Thank you! Yes i agree. I know this may be biased but its one of the better looking ones of seen. I bought him for 40$. Good deal or bad deal?

For that size, thats a pretty moderate price. At least in my area it is. I work at a fish shop and we are selling 'balloon green terrors' for $30 each. We got 2 they are very young. Im not sure what the balloon part is all about but they are shorter in length and fatter. But back to your
Point, that sounds like a fair price to me!

Ok thank you. And balloon terrors from wht i heard are shot up with hormones to make them grow faster but they dont get as big and have very short lifespans. Please dont sell these.

Jacobsal91 said:
For that size, thats a pretty moderate price. At least in my area it is. I work at a fish shop and we are selling 'balloon green terrors' for $30 each. We got 2 they are very young. Im not sure what the balloon part is all about but they are shorter in length and fatter. But back to your
Point, that sounds like a fair price to me!

Balloon refers to a defect that they began line breeding which is also seen in rams and mollys. I'm against all "balloon" variants since they are for the most part an unhealthy inferior blood line

I dont run the livestock i just maintain it.. I always thought they were a green terror hybrid of some sort. Thats strange

No im not blaming you! Its just frustrating that people cant appreciate the natural beauty of a fish. They have to either genetically modify, crossbreed, or speed up its growth rate just to gain money. Thats why i am looking into biology, because life is more important than money.

mikeISright said:
No im not blaming you! Its just frustrating that people cant appreciate the natural beauty of a fish. They have to either genetically modify, crossbreed, or speed up its growth rate just to gain money. Thats why i am looking into biology, because life is more important than money.

Yeah i know u were t blaming me im just
Clarifying! Lol
I dont mind hybrids but artifically modified genetics are not cool. Im learning
More and more working at this place and being on here :)

I dont mind hybrids to an extent. But after a while we wont even know what fish are true and hybrids. A disucssion for another thread

What my extent is is if you breed them for yourself and yourself only without selling or letting others take them.

mikeISright said:
What my extent is is if you breed them for yourself and yourself only without selling or letting others take them.

I agree, Hybrids are kind of ruining the fish industry, slowly. The 'pure breds' are gunna get more difficult to find in time

Back
Top Bottom