Green Terror tank cycling?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bugeyefireguy

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello everyone, I apologize for this long post.
I have a juvenile green terror in a ten gallon with an aqueon quiet flow 10 on it. His permanent home is going up this week once I am fully settled into my new house so the tank issue is solved. The filter was running on my 20 high in addition to my ac 20 so the filter it self is established. The most ammo I have seen is .5ppm. I have been checking it twice a day and doing water changes with seachem prime dosed mildly. Just getting concerned for the little guy since sometimes I can see him rubbing on the gravel and decor. I know its a sign of irritation from water chemistry but my water chem is no3 10ppm, nh3 .5ppm, ph 7. I don't have the nitrite test kit (will have one shortly). How sensitive are Green Terrors to Ammonia? I suspect that is the issue and just want to be sure since I see no signs of ich or illnesses. I thought of putting him in a breeder box in my community tank since it is mature and water quality is almost perfect. What are your thoughts?

I'm no expert, so hopefully someone else will chime in, but are you doing the regular dosage of prime or less than? Prime helps to detoxify ammonia and nitrite, so I would do the recommended dosage.

As far as wether you should move him, I don't know, I hope you het more help =)

Yes I am doing the recommended dosage. He is very active at the moment so I am a little relieved but i will continue to monitor the parameters twice a day until things level out.

Back
Top Bottom