Green terror that is pink?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

busymom23

Aquarium Advice Activist
Might be a dumb question, but has anyone seen a green terror that is pink? I have seen pics on google of them and I love their coloring! However every fish store I've been to only carry ones that are green, and no website I've found carries pink green terrors. Are they truly incredibly hard to find? Or am I looking at the wrong breed?ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1392389963.318319.jpg

Attached is a pic from google images

That is a green terror (real name gold saum) I think the pinkish color is from the tank lighting not the fish.

Here's another picture from google images...are you sure it's the lighting? Cause they look like pink color not pink lights...sorry, I'm not doubting, just really curious...as I absolutely love this color..

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1392417577.354269.jpg

From what I've red it's just a colour variation that some green terrors have. It can be enhanced with lighting and died food (I would never go with this route though). It's not a pink terror (although there is a red terror) it's just the way some green terrors look.

Yah exactly every fish has different color slightly or pattern and some green terrors just turn out to be that color.

That really sucks, if they just happen to turn out that way, no way of knowing if you're getting a pink one or not...anyway, thanks for all the comments!!

If you could find a breeder you could ask what they have. They might have some that have already coloured up that way you could choose from.

I'm still new to the fish world so no idea where I'd begin to even look for a breeder...lol...there was one pet store called petland where they said they could get one if it becomes available on the stock list, not holding my breath though.

That would be cool what size tank do you plan on putting him in.

If you have a local classified site (not sure where you're from) you could post a wanted ad. Or google "cichlids for sale such and such area". Usually if you find one breeder they can point you in the right directions. A lot of "fish people" in the same area know about each other. And they may be able to help to on your search. If not you could always look online for an online fish store and email them and ask if they have the pink variation. I never order my fish (I have a local breeder who breeds almost everything and if he doesn't breed it he will find it), but that's worth a shot too.

That sounds like a good start! Thank you so much for all your help! Trying to find any info on that fish was crazy!!

I wanted to put him either my 150, or 300 gallon...hadn't decided yet.

No problem! Hopefully you can find one! They are gorgeous. Do have a pet store in your area that is more like a family business? Not a petland or petco... They are usually more helpful.

That's awesome I'm jealous you have some big tanks he would look great in either one. Just know that they are kind of aggressive but I'm guessing in tanks that size you have some big aggressive fish already.

The best fish store around me that I have found is called world of pets, and it's almost an hour away...they have been in business about 45 years, by far the most knowledgeable. However they didn't have any green terrors at all there, but they had huge selection of fresh and saltwater fish. I got my electric blue jack dempsey and vampire pleco there! 2 high on my wish list!

I have oscars, gold severum, jack dempsey, and blood parrot..as the aggressive ones.

I hope so, my number 1 since I've started my fish tanks, just can't seem to acquire one...lol

It's the lighting... look at the rocks/gravel in the 1st pic, same pink tint to everything.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

There are a lot of green terrors available in my area right now!! Check online dealers from the northeastern USA, there has been a huge swing in selection here from next to nothing to collectors paradise over the past couple months

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom