green terrors

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Makavelli02

Aquarium Advice Activist
Ok i have obtained a second 75g tank. I am planing on moving my tiger oscar in it and adding a green terror and a jack dempsy. i know this is risky but i am gonna try it. Any suggestions on how to keep the peice.

Also i have heard alot of different views on terrors. Some say that they are not as agressive as they once where. what is the everyones opinion on terrors

I would add all the fish at once if possible, this way no one can claim territory ahead of time. Periodic rearranging the tank helps with aggression. Good luck there's alot of different personalities in there and my money's on the oscar.

The oscar is definatly the boss of the tank he is in now (2 albino oscars and him). i had a jack dempsey in with the oscars at first but i took him back to the pet store becouse they were all in a 29g tank at the time. The jack always started the fight with the big tiger. The fights always resulted with the jack retreating to the corner.

Just FYI, I had the opposite issue. Jd was much smaller but left the Oscar cowering in the corner playing dead. Watch them carefully...

I keep 2 oscars 1 jd 1 red devil 1 salvini 1 tinfoil barb 1 spotted gar and 1 pleco together in one tank. Everyone is very peaceful. My trick is to give very fish ho own personal hide away, a place to call it's own. If you have one specific piece of decor that's big, use driftwood to "divide" it up so each fish has a section. I also make a sort of "maze" put of decorations which makes it very difficult for fish to chase each other. If you need any other tips pm me or ask here I'm glad to help.

Cich4cichlids said:
I keep 2 oscars 1 jd 1 red devil 1 salvini 1 tinfoil barb 1 spotted gar and 1 pleco together in one tank. Everyone is very peaceful. My trick is to give very fish ho own personal hide away, a place to call it's own. If you have one specific piece of decor that's big, use driftwood to "divide" it up so each fish has a section. I also make a sort of "maze" put of decorations which makes it very difficult for fish to chase each other. If you need any other tips pm me or ask here I'm glad to help.

Hey I'm new here but love cichilds also I currently have 3 tanks 125 gallon,55 gallon,and a 40 gallon breeder I have a Flowerhorn,Red devil,and a Jack dempsey in the 125 along with a redtail catfish and a shovelnose catfish I thought that they wouldn't get along at first but I haven't had any problems yet

Yokdog I'd be very careful with the redtail catfish as they get absolutely MASSIVE. They also have huge mouths and by the time you think it might be too big, it will be too late. I know a buddy that lost an Oscar to a red tail catifsh. Also If the shovelnose is a tiger shovelnose then same problem as the rtc.

Back
Top Bottom