Green water

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Wright-way

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello. So I have a custom made 500litre tank fitted with a oase 600 biomaster with built in heater. With approximately 30 cichlids and 4 Algae eaters in there
I do regular water changes at least once a week but water always seems green. The tank is near a window but not so close to cause green water, and the aquarium light is only on for 6 hours a day max. Glass is clean with no signs of algae on it, but water recently has just got a green tint to it. Large water changes aren’t helping.. any ideas? Are uv filters any good.? Any recommendations?

Thanks in advance.

It should show result in a week or so .
You have a big enough tank to look into a better unit.
They really make basic good tank water look crisp and perfect run properly.
Just being able to adjust flow will control the time the cells are exposed to UV.
Slow and constant to remove heavy issue[more exposure time ] or fast to limit exposure time when using for 'maintenance' .

Brilliant. It’s not terrible but I want crystal clear water. I’ve purchase a Oase ClearTronic UVC 11W which will sit inline with the filter I have. Will let you know how it gets on..

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    210.2 KB · Views: 66
Very nice set up..I am envious...:whistle:
You will enjoy what it does for you and the water.
Your water is not that bad.. The water changes don't do anything but pull out what ever you get. Looks like you have kept yours in check well.
leave unit running 24/7 so not to shorten bulb life. Turning them on and off daily has a drastic effect on life span due to temp changes..

Back
Top Bottom