Group of bolivian rams?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

michellev512

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Anyone with experience keeping a group of Bolivians? I have failed with GBR and give up at this point on them. I hAve a pair of Bolivians and would like to add more as they are hardier. I have a 75 gallon tank and was thinking of adding 3 more, maybe all females. Keep reading conflicting info on keeping groups...

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Funny, I just made the decision to try GBRs. I may be looking to do Bolivians at some point down the road as well. :lol:

I've never kept Bolivians, but would guess that if you have one happy pair, that may be a good stopping point. I believe that they're monogamous and there may be aggression towards one or more of the other females.

If your tank has enough floor space (and caves/plants to break up the sight lines), you might want to look into getting another confirmed breeding pair.

I've had 2 pair of GBR die on me and I just can't stand to watch it happen again.
I love the Bolivians as they are such a personable fish :)

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1417224441.815336.jpg
Well I ended up with a pair of apisto viejeta...Bolivians don't seem to mind them too much. Very pretty fish ?

Back
Top Bottom